Posting has dropped off a bit recently, primarily because I am having a bit of a lull in enthusiasm for painting.
Here are some figures I did pull out of my "back catalogue" (purchased about 18 months ago I think) They are 28mm milicianas from Templar Miniatures in Bonnie Scotland.
For 28mm, they are quite petite, but I am still happy with how they have come out.
Officer and standard bearer with the Republican version of the Spanish national flag
LMG crew
The "Squad" minus LMG
A size comparison with male figures from the same range - as I say, the "girls" may be a bit too diminutive in comparison - what do you think? (I also made the mistake of putting the female figures on a narrow base, which unfortunately amplifies the height difference - duh!)
Finally, in real life news, after suffering basically NO winter illness for about 6 years (since Covid stopped being "a thing" I seem to have succumbed to this:
Bad timing because I was due to attend a Napoleonic game at Barrys tomorrow - but have had to pull out.
I only started feeling ill on Friday evening, so knowing my luck, I will be sick all weekend, then clear again on Monday to return to work!
Hope things are well with you wherever you are in the world!










A lull in enthusiasm for painting, you?! Mind you, not surprising if you have had the 'flu coming on. Hopefully all better come Monday ready to head off to work to earn more to support your hobby?!!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for a speedy recovery, James
Thanks James, yes, I am feeling pretty sorry for myself at the moment, that's for sure!
DeleteNo surprise that painting mojo has dropped given that you have picked up a nasty bug. Hope you make a speedy recovery just in time to return to work! The girls do look quite small and skinny compared to their hulking compadres.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jon - I have basically been sleeping for the last 36 hours and unless I have a very sudden improvement, don't expect to be work tomorrow. Rick and Nick from our group have had it previously and it knocked them out for 5-6 days
DeleteI wish you a speedy recovery! The figurines are interesting.
ReplyDeleteThank you Alexey!
DeleteSorry to hear you've gone down with the local lurgy Keith:(. Hard to get any enthusiasm when affected like this. Whilst the girls do look a bit skinny compared to the chaps, I think they will look fine on the table and the size difference might help them to stand out compared to the lads as it were.
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve - I don't think I have had any kind of illness for about 4-5 years, and this is a particularly bad one!
DeleteNice painting Keith, the ladies are perhaps a little diminutive but will be fine if they stay away from the men ? Hope the seasonal illness isn’t too bad and clears up,soon
ReplyDeleteThanks Matt - yes, once deployed om the table, the size difference probably won't mailer! Comments on the illness from Rick " I have just recovered from five miserable days of the virus. The coughing has driven me mad " and Nick "I’m a couple weeks post the virus and still feel pretty flat.
DeleteI had the chesty cough, muscular aches, headaches and chills."
The Templar miniatures turned out nice, I have a few in my own SCW collection. The ladies do seem a little on the small side. Hope you have a speedy recovery
ReplyDeleteThanks Scotty, yes, agreed, they are pretty good figures! I reckon I will have a day or two longer before I start to feel any better.....
DeleteThe ladies almost look like they have had a different sculptor, but as Matt says they look fine on separate bases. Annoying that you have got sick so close to the end of the season. I hope it passes quickly.
ReplyDeleteCheers Lawrence! Very annoying to pick up this bug after several years of nothing. Some people at work have had it hang around for two weeks, or longer!
DeleteThe ladies look lovely Keith and maybe you need to cut the boy's rations if they are a bit chunky 😁
ReplyDeleteI hope you recover soon from your "man flu", I know the ladies don't understand how tough it is. And maybe an extra week off to catch up with your painting is in order 😂