Saturday 21 October 2017

Plastic Covenanters

Friday night and half of Saturday has been spent assembling the Warlord 28mm hard plastic figures that arrived on Thursday. I must admit, I find this task a bit of a pain but its mostly done now, so I have started to paint the first few infantry and cavalry.

 A selection of the assembled musketeers with a variety of headgear
 Eight of the twelve pike figures - less variety is possible with these but again I have varied some of the headgear
 Half of the cavalry - strangely, despite being listed as Scots Lancers, there are only 6 lance armed arms to go around the twelve figures. Three of these are metal for no apparent reason - they are not the command figures and they ride standard plastic horses like the other figures in the set.........
 The first element of Covenanter shot that I painted this afternoon - they have come out quite nicely I think although I don't seem to be able to get as good a paint job on plastic figures as I can on metal.....



2 comments:

  1. They look great, Keith. I know what you mean about the difference between painting 28mm metals and plastics. Some say the detail isn't as sharp, but I think that possibly it is just the sculptor. Perry plastics and Victrix do seem to paint up nicer than the Warlord Games offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Nate - I have always felt its the fact that on most metal figures, the details really stand out EG Front Rank, whereas with plastic, belts etc are more realistically scaled but as a consequence are harder to paint!

    ReplyDelete