Sunday 24 February 2019

28mm Frigate Update

As mentioned in the last post, the worst part of this task is now upon me - painting the completed model!

I have made  a fair amount of progress on this, considering I only started work at about 3pm and finished off about 930pm. I still have some tidy up work to do and detailing to add, but the back of the job is definitely broken. The frigate is certainly not "all shipshape and Bristol fashion" yet, but she is well on the weigh....!

Will have a few days off now as we are entertaining a couple of friends from the UK for a couple of day, but hopefully by next weekend, my ship will be fully commissioned.

Above - ships company of Old Glory Royal Marines deployed on board

Two general views of the ship, with the bow spit included this time,. but minus the steps, which I have not painted yet...


Old Glory female pirate with whip - just because I have the figure!



12 comments:

  1. Well done, a beautiful and impressive ship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phil ..and God Bless all who sail in her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Nate - It is certainly getting there

      Delete
  4. Looking good Keith...

    Of course you will have to do a French one and an American one... ;-)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but I think not Aly - if someone who will be playing the French or Americans wants to make one, I am happy to share the plans!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Mark - I don't think I will be following Aly's advice though - one is probably enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done again Keith, and an interesting cameo from the pirate lady with the whip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - she was one of the free Pirates of the Month I received years ago from OG when I signed up for their $50 Army Card - she has never been deployed in battle., although one of her colleagues did make a cameo appearance in a WSS game I reported in my blog, playing the lady of the house from Markels Farm - I named her Megan :)

      Delete
  7. Answered my question! Looks great in black and yellow, looking forward to the French and Spanish and Americans and Danish and Russians,gosh the senior service had a lot of enemies!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still some tidy up work to do on this Iain so I hope it will look even better! And I am ignoring all comments regarding additional ship building thanks very much!

      Delete