Sunday 17 February 2019

28mm Frigate Update - Work in Progress

I have been away most of the week for work so have not made much progress on either painting or ship building!

Here are a few images of most recent advances on the 28mm Royal Navy frigate I am working on ….

Here is the basic frame 

A view from above

Dry run through assembly showing the three masts
Detail of the rear captains cabin windows I added this evening.

As you can see from the last image, I have put a lot of the constituent parts together now - including gluing both hull sides into place. As mentioned, I have cut a line of gun ports along the hull, 15 per side I think, plus 5 per side on the upper deck, making this a 40 gun frigate! I am toying with the idea of buying genuine model ship guns from a British supplier but I may just end up using dowel for the ones poking out of the hull gun ports...….



8 comments:

  1. That’s Shipping up nicely Kieth...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Iain....will get it finished one day I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another promising addition Keith. A question does however come to mind however; where are you going to find a space big enough to play a game with them? Especially if you keep turning them out at this rate. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lawrence - the ship is only ever going to be a support option for specific scenarios such as Hornbloweresque adventures in the Iberian Peninsula or dastardly destructive British landings in Chesapeake in the War of 1812!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very impressive already Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ray - I have done some more bits and pieces on it this week but still a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete