Saturday 18 January 2020

A Productive Saturday

Despite the fact that it has been a gloriously sunny day here today, I have spent the majority of the day at the painting desk, working on the recently arrived Copplestone Bolsheviks. I did have to pause for ninety minutes in the morning for a Saturday cafe visit with my dear wife, then again this evening from five till eight when we had a couple of friends come over, but basically the rest of the day has been spent painting.

Below are the some of the results of my labours, three command stands and two stand of riflemen, who are a mixture of Bolshevik infantry in greatcoats and Siberian rifles.

I also have an additional three  rifleman painted plus two, two man Lewis gun stands, but I will base those tomorrow.








14 comments:

  1. Lovely looking bunch of bolsheviks! The red flag works really well with all those browns and greys!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain....yes, when I first started this project, I used Google to find a range of Bolshevik flags on line. A bit of resizing and acces to a quality colour printer at work, and I have several sheets of flags like these, more than I am ever likely to need in fact!

      Delete
  2. Nice work Keith. There's something iconic about Russians in greatcoats, be it for the Revolution or earlier Napoleonics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, I agree, and the great thing about RCW is it's perfectly acceptable to have them wearing a variety of different coloured coats, which can be the downside of multiple battalions in great coats!

      Delete
  3. Some great additions to the collection, great mix of colours.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu, as mentioned in my reply to Lawrence, that's one of the attractions of this era to me. I have just painted a couple more this morning and have added another grey/green colour to the greatcoat range.

      Delete
  4. Nice. Your Russian Civil War games always look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nate, yes we have had some great stoushes between Whites and Reds, and hopefully many more to come!

      Delete
  5. Great stuff Keith. It was nice to see that warm fine weather...without the wind. It just seemed wrong to be indoors. At least I managed to get some garden work done before I got into the hobby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah....it was definitely too hot to be outside Mark....Health and Safety considerations alone decreed I needed to be inside out of the sun!

      Delete
  6. Lovely figures rross, nice job ont he coats...and this flag is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PHIL, yes the various Bolshevik flags are really nice looking items!

      Delete
  7. Nice to see a return of your RCW project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jonathan....yes, this project has been long and slow but satisfying nonetheless....not sure how much longer it will continue there are still many things I would like to do, it is all a question of priorities!,

    ReplyDelete