Saturday 17 October 2020

Irony, irony.......

No, its not another set of skirmish level gaming rules!

After ordering the Fenryll figures in early Sept, Thierry emailed me to advise they were being dispatched and supplied a tracking number for the parcel. On 14/15 Sept, the tracking duly showed the package had been entrusted to the tender care of the French Postal Service, and I settled back to wait.  The last tracking read “Your item has departed the country of origin” In the meantime, orders from the week prior arrived from the UK (see previous posts).

Checking every few days, no further tracking appeared and after ten days, I started to get a bit worried. Then on 30 September, a new entry appeared – it read “Your item has departed the country of origin”…..WHAT?!

I contacted Thierry and let him know, and over the next few days we exchanged a few emails and he contacted the carrier to lodge a query on the ticket number. On Monday 12 Oct, I let Thierry know there was still no new tracking on the ticket, and he sent a replacement order.

And the irony part? I arrived home on Tues 13 Oct, and the original package had arrived! However, package number two already had this info on the track & trace – you guessed it - “Your item has departed the country of origin”

I have offered to return the second pack when it arrives if Thierry transfers the freight cost over to my account…will have to get him a quote when the time comes!

ANYHOO….below are some images of the first pack of figures, called “The Maids” All these civilian figures are in suitably “generic” female clothing which I think you could probably get away with from the 16-19 centuries – maybe even up to the 1930’s in the case of these ladies.

They are resin figures and very delicate – I fear my painting skill is not up to the potential they offer – I will try harder with the next set – Female Courtesans….!

 

 
Scrubbing the floor boards in the Pele Tower


 
Polishing the Heidmans boots



 

Serving pre skirmish refreshments




 

Bringing in the washing/towels/bed linen etc



 

A few “action shots” with a Hokahey and Eureka figure as comparison – the Fenryll ones ARE a bit bigger – probably 32mm or something like that – but its not very noticeable and I think they will fit in well with the rest of the team!





16 comments:

  1. Those are very nice figures and will certainly add flavour to your games:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve.....I am not sure they serve any useful purpose, but they add a certain je ne sais quoi...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like perseverance paid off and doubly! Nice work on the working women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan - I am hoping when I tell Thierry at Fenryll its going to cost him 20 or 30 Euros to get the second lot back, he will just tell me not to bother....but we will see!

      Delete
  3. These are really great figures I had never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Mark - I found them about a year ago - that's what hours of spare time to trawl the internet and a lack of funds can do for you - I have a long list of figures I would like to get "one day.." :)

      Delete
  4. They look full of character Keith. I'm still waiting for an August order to arrive from the US. One I subsequently ordered from the same supplier in September arrived last week, so I suppose it all depends on what route the packages take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, they are very nice figures - the first courtesan has come out really nicely! Gee two months form the US - that's seems particularly bad - mind you, they seem to be dismantling the US Postal Service so maybe that's the reason?

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking figures! I sent a package in June to Canada, I'd kind of given up when it arrived in mid August!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant mid September!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comments on the figures Iain - June to Sept - jeez I would definitely have written that one off!

      Delete
  6. Fine looking ladies Keith.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James...they are beutifully detailed figures for sure

      Delete
  7. A lovely bunch of gals Keith.... global postage systems do seem to be somewhat problematic of late.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu. My experience has been very varied...one package from the UK only took eight days, the other was nearer three weeks....just luck of the draw how they are routed I guess

      Delete
  8. Nicely looking miniatures with lively poses.

    ReplyDelete