Thursday 22 October 2020

"Noblesse Oblige"......First Pair of Fenryll Noble Ladies

Here are the first two of the four Fenryll figures supplied under the description of Noble Ladies.

One is photographed against the white background but the second one I could not get that to work…whenever I got to the point where most of the image was the figure rather than the paint pot she is standing on, the whole image went “yellow” – I am assuming its to do with the colour of her attire. I put a background behind her, as I normally do, and the image looked much better – that’s the only reason they are pictured differently.

The final pic shows two of the previous Courtesans plus two of the Hokahey Reivers for scale – I think they work fine together….

 


 
I think the shading came out very nicely on her pink skirt...


 
Lady number two has a bird on her left wrist - I painted it as a peregrine falcon although I think it is intended to be a dove.....




 
Final group shot showing height comparison with the male Reivers...a bientot mes amis!

20 comments:

  1. They look great Keith. I particularly like the lady in pink because, as you say, the shading looks terrific. Your French is holding up nicely as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The lady in pink is my favorite too. Nice work, Keith!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lawrence.... It's funny how certain colours are easier to add highlight to than others...pink, blue and green are easy, but red and yellow I find a lot harder!

      Delete
    3. Cheers Jonathan...two more to go then I have a few working class girls to add to the mix

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Keith...
    A bevy of border beauties indeed...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly...a nice bit of alliteration there too!

      Delete
  3. Very nice. The impressionist work on the front material on the lady in pink is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, yes I was pleased with how the under skirt came out!

      Delete
  4. Great to see them together and as others have said, the lady in pink is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, they are terrific little figures and a joy to paint.

      Delete
  5. Very nice and so useful in a number of scenario's...
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu...nice of you to say so, I am not sure I really need this many female figures but they are fun to paint!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark...the second package turned up today. Ironically, given the previous long delay, this one left France on 14 October and was here today....cost to send back in $60 so I am hoping he may just tell me to keep it!

      Delete
  7. Really lovely ladies again, Keith. They brighten up any gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Dean...I am hoping I can use at least some of them in Border Reiver scenarios....eg have one side kidnap one of them etc....

      Delete
  8. Ladies are absolutely great, Keith! Brilliant work. Always good to see something unusual apart from soldiers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry....I feel it's about time that I painted some soldiers for a bit of a change!

      Delete
  9. Nice work on the pink one,the blue one looks a bit more medieval, maybe it's just the bird?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain...no you are right. The Fenryll figures are basically fantasy so they seem to have used a range of historical dress styles...several of them look more medieval but I am not going to worry about it over much. None of them could be used in the nineteenth century or later I don't think, although the servant might be ok....

      Delete