Tuesday, 28 July 2026

A Quick Painting Desk Post

 Due to recent Blogger issues, I have not been as motivated to post - in case it did not appear, or was so delayed, that only a small number of people saw it and commented! 

On the basis that my last post seemed to become visible within a minute or two, here is another one. I have been painting recently, so I have a few PBJ posts to do!


The recently arrived 3D printed Katyusha MLRS with Bad Squiddo scouts for size reference 



The Katyusha was a Soviet truck‑mounted multiple‑rocket launcher used from 1941 onward, designed to deliver large, fast salvos of unguided rockets for shock, area‑saturation bombardment rather than precision. Its most common form, the BM‑13, fired 132 mm rockets from rails mounted on trucks like the ZIS‑6 or Studebaker. Katyushas were cheap, easy to produce, highly mobile, and could fire and relocate within seconds, making them hard to counter. Their terrifying howling sound earned them the German nickname “Stalin’s Organ.”


A simple paint job of Tamiya aerosol spray paint then painted tyres and the rockets with a brush, then a bit of simple dry brushing for mud and dust etc.


Some spare Warlord tank decals were applied to the doors



That's all for this post - I will probably do the next update in a couple of days' time, so until then, thanks for all your comments!

39 comments:

  1. Fine looking rocket launcher! I understand the demotivation to post given Blogger issues. I wonder if readers are suffering from a similar demotivation to comment? Which AI engine are you using to generate your background images?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon - it is a little bit "Instagram" like thinking - but having no one apparently seeing a post for 2 -3 days IS demotivating!
      The backgrounds were created on Co Pilot

      Delete
  2. Excellent work there Keith and a shame that in my games using BKCII, it would be a rare event to have these deployed on the table. Never say never though! Yep, the blogger issues are certainly undermining the motivation to keep posting, given that it takes longer to write and AAR than it does to play the game:(!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve - yes, your inference is probably right - we have rules for off board artillery, including rocket artillery - given the scale of fighting/ground scale etc, this weapon should probably never be on the table - but it's a cool model!

      Delete
  3. Lovely do like Stalin's organ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking artillery! How will you use it ingame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai - that is fundamentally the point Steve was making above - we do have ranges - I think max tank fire might be 36" - so I guess we can just make this 50" or similar, so it's able to stay well out of range of any other onboard weapon system....

      Delete
  5. That green is spot on for Soviet vehicles.

    I think Blogger is what it is and mostly you just have to go with it. Many readers seem to be changing their habits and checking back for late posts.

    I have just done a post and scheduled it for publication in a few days time to see whether using that method circumvents the delays that we are generally seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm, I always schedule my posts and I have not seen any significant delays in comments. So that maybe the solution.

      Delete
    2. I frequently schedule posts and still see delays…

      Delete
    3. Thanks Norm, it is Tamiya AS-24 - Dark Green (Luftwaffe)!
      Blogger is what it is - I just wish it was what it was!

      Delete
    4. I don't even know how to schedule a post - but seems like its a bit hit and miss anyway??

      Delete
    5. On the right of your screen, where you press publish, there is a drop down calendar that allows you to fix a future time and date for publication. Select the date, click publish. Before the published date you can go back in and amend via the dashboard / post.

      Delete
    6. Weirdly my last two posts, which were slightly delayed, attracted the most comments in quite a while. Nice job on the vehicle.

      Delete
  6. That's a great looking model and nicely painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scotty - I was happy with the quality of the print when it arrived.

      Delete
  7. Deadly Stalin's organs rockets!
    Beautiful work 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal - a pretty simple paint job but I am happy with how it looks.

      Delete
  8. The Katyusha came up really well Keith. It is very frustrating to think that effort goes into posts that few will potentially see, but I also look at it as a useful record of one's progress through the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - having whinged about it, my post seems to have appeared within a few hours and it's going to close to 30 comments in the first 24 hours by the time I have finished replying, so nothing to complain about this time!

      Delete
  9. Great Katusha! The beauty and pride of the Soviet army! For the motherland! For Stalin!😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexey - pleased you like it!

      Delete
  10. Fantastic work Keith. A rack full of rockets would be a handy solution for any truckie on a tight schedule 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story Ben - I could use that vehicle on my trip to work some days!

      Delete
  11. Lovely work Keith! That looks as deadly as they proved to be. The weathering looks spot on, enough to bring the detail out, but not too much as to swamp it. Best wishes, Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jason and very kind of you to say that about the weathering effects.

      Delete
  12. What a fine looking bit of kit! That would make a mess of someone's afternoon off work, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray - and yes, not a pleasant experience to be on the wrong end of it!

      Delete
  13. Lovely looking Stalins organ! You could have your battery as an objective, much like your super heavy gun?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain and nice, creative thinking!

      Delete
  14. Great looking model and nicely painted Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They were beasts of things weren't they? The model shows it so well and painted to your usual excellent standard.
    Best wishes, James
    p.s. Keith, has blogging become an obsessive disease?! 😳😁 If a post is not commented on it did not exist?! They all turn up in time. Now that I am making a better fist of keeping up with posts, I find that many are appear in my list on the day that I look, but if I scroll down to previous days I find some that were 'missed' back then and can catch up on them then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, James. Re Blogger - yes, I think you are right - not having visitors and comments IS too much of an obsession - for me, anyway! But without the comments, it does feel like "what's the point?"
      I also agree there are workarounds we could all follow, as you have described - I do the same sort of thing and often come across a post from a day or two earlier that I know was not there the last time I checked!

      Delete
  16. Nicely done Kieth…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete