Six Bad Squiddo Red Army scouts:
A really nice set
I painted them in the "amoeba" camo scheme
Another nice AI generated background
Now, where the hell are we?!
The only "issue" is the poses are not great for gaming, being more "dioramic" in my opinion
These three are better

I have been after this set (and most of the other Bad Squiddo range, to be honest) for years, it's a shame they are so pricey (single figure is around NZ$12 whereas the Battle Honours 3D are NZ$3, as are the locally produced RKX figures. There are a few more of these nearing completion on the painting desk, so a new post will be forthcoming soon - I wonder how long it will take for this post to appear? Current time here in NZ as I post this is 1730 Sunday 5 July.













More good work, Keith! This post is on my blogroll now at 1120 PDT 05 July. These delays are so annoying. Interesting that not all posts are subjected to such delays. What are we doing wrong?
ReplyDeleteThanks Jon, they are great little figures to paint!
DeleteThe delays ARE annoying because they affect the number of views and comments....once my post finally appears, it's in the correct chronological position, so not the most recent thing on the blog roll...as a consequence, I assume a percentage of people never see it 😞
I was wondering how these would paint up. Great work on some lovely figures Keith.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lawrence...there was a little bit of tidy up of mould lines etc, but overall they are great figures and I am happy with how they turned out
DeleteNicely done there Kieth and I do like the amoeba pattern camo scheme. Your post appeared here about 21.30 BST on Sunday 5th July. Again a post completely out of sequence with others that were posted later but appeared sooner. It says your post was posted 14 hours ago. Confused? I am...
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve...the Bad Squiddo (cant abbreviate that to two letters!) figures are great!
DeleteThe delay is pretty frustrating...will it ever be fixed...maybe not; as I am not paying anything, I just have to put up with it I guess!
This was also quite a small, short post...so you would think it would show up quicker than a long AAR with lots of images and text....
Very nice: I'm guessing that the "static" poses would work well once plopped on the table alongside others.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ed. I don't mind the poses, but for gaming purposes, they could be a bit more "dynamic "!
DeleteYou have done these very well Keith.
ReplyDeleteMaybe a little bit static as the ladies have already captured their objective and are just waiting for the boys to catch up 😂
Maybe Google are running Blogger through their AI first and it takes its time looking at posts it enjoys. This would explain while it only took 5 minutes for my last post to appear on Jonathan's blog. 🤣🤣
Thanks Ben....sounds like a possible explanation. Your theory on Blogger made me laugh!
DeleteVery nicely done Keith, great looking figures, pricey though.
ReplyDeleteCheers Donnie! Yes they are great....but re the price, you can take the boy out of Scotland, but not .......!
DeleteFantastic painting Keith. The poses are perfect: the ladies have things so well under control they don't need to be 'at the ready'!!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James - they are, of course, capable of multi tasking, unlike their male colleagues!
DeleteAnnie does do nice sculpts, world shipping prices seem to have gone crazy.
ReplyDeleteThe Blogger / delay thing is both strange and frustrating. We can but watch this space for normal service to resume.
Thanks Norm - whilst I applaud your attempt to be gallant, the postage isn't an issue - I bought them via Caliver, so postage was zero. The figures, at GBP 4-5 each, are just more expensive than most others - no doubting they are nice sculpts, but a "bargain" pack of 34 figures shows at just shy of NZ$200 on her website!
Deleteouch!
DeleteMy feelings precisely!
DeleteMy goodness me, you have turned these around quickly. Nicely done too, bravo Sir.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Michael - my preferred modus operandi is buy figures then paint figures as soon as possible after they arrive - I am keen to avoid a large lead or plastic pile if possible!
DeleteDifferent, but 12 dollars is a bit rich for me.
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris...they are cool figures but I wouldn't want to build an army of them!
DeleteThose are fantastic Keith, always fancied some scouts right from when Osprey brought Warsaw Pact Forces book.
ReplyDeleteCheers Stu - they are certainly nice figures - maybe you should invest in a few!
DeleteKeith, such a wonderful job on the figures ! I think you definitely have blonde hair figured out. The Bad Squiddo prices are partly due the figures are one offs in most cases. . Still,a large number of figures in an order does make one take notice!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jo - "gentlemen prefer blondes" they say - although I am more about bone structure!
DeleteYes, it's a fair point - Bad Squiddo will never sell the volumes Warlord or the Perrys shift and she still has to make a living out of it, I guess!
Splendid finish on your figures! I only have a handful of Bad Squiddo figures for a few periods so Im not too bothered about the cost that much?
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thanks Iain...despite the spelling of your name, you're obviously not a tight assed Scotsman like me!
DeleteThey look really nice in the amoeba camo. I kind of like the relaxed poses - easier to store too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dai, tha camo gear is nice for a bit of a change!
DeleteNicely done, Keith.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Richard
DeleteVery nicely painted Keith, there's some great poses there.
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray, yes great little figures, no doubt about that 👍
DeleteThe scouts look really nice Keith…
ReplyDeleteI do like the amoeba camouflage…
All the best. Aly
Thanks a lot Aly - great figures and I agree, the simple camo looks great!
Delete