Wednesday 26 December 2018

Christmas Comes but Once a Year - and with it, some toys to assemble and paint!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and received at least a few useful presents in amongst the usual dross that is standard fare once you pass 25 years of age!

I repeated my plan from my birthday in August and my young adult children (19 and 17) played the game - unfortunately, my wife reverted to the traditional t shirts and shorts, but you cant win them all!

I provided a list of 5 or 6 possibilities from which they selected the following items:




These will all be added to my War of 1812 collection, with both infantry and Light Dragoons in the later uniforms. I have not bought Perry cavalry before and am happy to note that they actually provide 28 cavalry figures although only 14 horses, so in fact, by purchasing separate horse sprues, it will be possible to produce a total of 28 cavalry from a single pack, as long as you are happy that the second 14 are in the earlier uniform (which I am!).


Oh, and we also got this "family" Christmas present, which cost the equivalent of 15 boxes of Perry figures and has already made an impact on my painting desk by spilling a jar of brush washing water ...TWICE!





6 comments:

  1. Thanks Jonathan - my training technique has not been so successful on my wife unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gifts and a painting partner - mine always sits next to me when I've got a brush in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....we will see Nate ….she will need quite a lot of training I think - at present she just wanders around standing on things she should not and knocking others over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to instill discipline in that cat Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely Mark - you should see the number of small scratches on my legs and arms where she has used her tiny claws to climb up on me!

    ReplyDelete