Tuesday 4 December 2018

Roll Call - Part Four

Having missed the opportunity for an AWI game last Sunday (for the second time this year I think...GGRRRR!), tonight I hauled out the four boxes containing my British and Loyalist troops for this conflict


Box One contains - Two Green Coated Loyalist Regiments, Two German Regiments, the German High Command, some guns and some limbers. Most of the figures are Front Rank with the German Grenadiers being Foundry


Box Two Contains - Several Guns, both British and German, the 16th Light Dragoons, The Anhalt Zerbst Regiment (in white), the Fusilier Regt von Ditfurth, an unidentified Hessian Regiment and finally the Hesse Hanau Regiment Erbprinz. All barring the cavalry, who are Old Glory, are again Front Rank figures

Box Three Contains - the Queens Rangers in green, a generic Loyalist Regiment in red coats, the 54th Foot, the 71st Highland Regt and several British command figures. The highlanders are Old Glory, the remainder Front Rank


Box Four Contains - two Light Infantry regiments, the 42nd Highland Regt, a Marine Regt, the 26th Foot, the 3rd Foot and the 21st Foot. Again, highlanders are Old Glory and the others are Front Rank.

Total roll call is one regiment of light dragoons, 5 regiments of British foot, two regiments of British light infantry, 6 regiments of Germans, 4 regiments of loyalists and 9 gun crews plus various commanders.

8 comments:

  1. Do your collections have an end? I hope not! Great fun to see all of your collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan - yes.... they do....and we are approaching it now! Only 15mm WW2 Germans, 25/28 Napoleonic French, British and Austrian and the ECW left to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid toys yet again... I am also still impressed that you also have very little in your to do pile...
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aly - but I am NOT impressed I have nothing much in the "to do" pile...I WANT something in my to do pile! I am busy organizing my 17 and 19 year old some and daughter to (hopefully) get me some appropriate Christmas presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another nice collection! I hope you get some appropriate figures for Christmas!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Iain - the other challenge of course is having the opportunity to ever get them OUT of all these boxes and onto a table - even when I do get a game in, it has generally tended to be using the hosts figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! And a most Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mark - and to you too!

    ReplyDelete