Monday 24 December 2018

Last Game of 2018

This actually took place about two weeks ago but with the time of year, I have just not found the time to transfer the images from my phone to my PC and thence to this blog....and now I can barely remember what happened!

Julian and I played two games of his OKKO Japanese Samurai Fantasy Board game with figures, one either side of a lovely dinner.

We had the same warbands in each game, and the games were linked, so that any figures discomfited in game one started game two disadvantaged.

I was completely beaten in game one but came very close to winning game two, which came down to a last "man" standing (it was some kind of 10 foot tall demon in Julian's case) duel to decide the game.

Here are a few images

My band deployed at the start of game one

The character cards for my band

Action in Game One - Noburu and The Samurai in the centre whilst Setzuka and Okko take on a single opponent on the left

My force was quickly reduced to two - Setzuka and Okko

Two each but Julian has the advantage of a rear attack on Setzuka

How the game ended - the Giant Sumo caused Okko to retreat but he was blocked by a disabled Setzuka and wiped out

Start of Game Two - all my figures were disabled due to how they ended the first game - my first task was to return them to normal activation status

The giant demon warrior quickly accounted for Noburu and Setzuka, then turned on my remaining two figures

The demon forced me back then put in a rear attack on The Samurai. Meanwhile, Okko had finished off the Sumo

The final dual - the demon v's Okko. 

Hope you all have a peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year with your friends and families.

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    The Samurai game looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jonathan - yes its a nice quick simple game that a couple of players can get through in an hour or less - great for school nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid figures for this game rross...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil - et Joyeux noël à toi aussi!

      Delete
  4. Have a very Merry Xmas...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Aly - to you and your family also!

    ReplyDelete