Wednesday 26 August 2020

Compagnie d' Elite. 3eme Lanciers

Tonight I have finished basing the elite company (differentiated by the addition of red fringed epaulettes) of the 3eme Regiment. The rest of the figures will look fundamentally the same, minus the epaulettes. I have still not yet decided whether to use the standard bearer arm - I am tending towards a yes, because I do not really like the "across the body" lance position and using the standard bearer will mean I can use one less of that pose. I had decided, as the unit will mostly be deployed in a line on the table, I would not model half of the troopers as the second rank, sword armed variety - but I may use one sword arm to represent an NCO and just to have another bit of variety.

 



 
 
I didn't think I really need to put a description with each image, they basically can speak for themselves - a bientot, mes amis
 

20 comments:

  1. Very nice and I prefer the vertical lance position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve - me too - and unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to vary the position of the other pose - I guess I could experiment with hot water and see if I can reshape it....

      Delete
    2. Could you almost cut the wrist off to make it easier to bend it to the vertical?

      Delete
    3. Good suggestion Steve - they are plastic after all - I might give that a try and see what I can achieve.....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray - I do like the rose pink facing colour and the red epaulettes add a little je ne sais quoi too!

      Delete
  3. Nice work! Upright lance for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon...yes, it's almost as if they thought "we have to provide two options" but couldn't think of a good second position!

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking Lancers - as the earlier command figures too. I do love this uniform and should add a unit of them to my French too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean....I look forward to seeing your version soon!

      Delete
  5. Something about French Napoleonic cavalry that us very dashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark...I agree, the French always seem to have the best uniforms.

      Delete
  6. Very nice Keith, and vertical lances for me too. I think pennants always look better when they are fluttering in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - I think that 97% in favour of the lance straight up at this stage! I think the arm would allow you to have it in the lowered "Charge" position, but I never like those, they always break of at some point!

      Delete
  7. Looking good Keith...
    You certainly couldn’t say that French Napoleonic uniforms were boring...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed not Aly - as your own contributions constantly remind us!

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking French Lancers! I'm a vertical lance type too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain...I think it's pretty unanimous!

      Delete
  9. Great looking cavalrymen, Keith. I join the vertical lances club:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dmitry - ill be working on the remainder of these over the weekend

      Delete