Thursday 20 August 2020

Welcome Reinforcememts

I had a birthday yesterday -number 58 for Gods sake - how did that happen?! As we are back at our restrictive Alert Level 3 and amongst the confirmed cases of Covid are two employees of New Zealand Post, there have been some delays in courier deliveries - which is the reason I was given for a dearth of presents this year ie EVEN less than usual!

The one arrival was courtesy of my son, who having little inclination to use his own imagination in selecting a present, thankfully followed my instructions suggestions, and produced this pack of Napoleonic French Line Lancers. So I will have some figures to paint (and post) over the next week or two- yay!

Hope all is well wherever you are and that life is not too stressful or inconvenient for any of you - stay safe!


The front and rear art work on the box

 

The metal components - officer, officers horse and sword arm, trumpeter, trumpeters head and a spare arm in case you want to make one of the plastic figures a standard bearer



The are six plastic sprues to create two lancers per sprue, including one set of epaulettes so you can make up to six elite company lancers if you wished. There is also a sword arm - I believe perhaps only the front rank troopers actually carried a lance.....

 



Front and rear views of the plastic sprue


23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Kev, although I only really mentioned it by way of explaining where the box of lancers came from, not to elicit birthday wishes from all my visitors...appreciate the thought though 😊

      Delete
  2. OK, why spoil a run - many happy returns of the day Keith and enjoy your present(s). I think you're right that only the front rank were armed with lancers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg...that's certainly the way they have been modelled in the rear box illustration. One improvement Warlord could make is to include an info sheet like the Perrys do. Also, I am sure they previously came with plastic bases but these are no longer included

      Delete
  3. Well done...you have survived another year! I guess we are going to need a Napoleonic game again soon then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - yes that'
      s a nice positive way to frame it! We will have to wait for Aunty Cindy to tell us when we are allowed to go out and play again :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Keith. Mine was yesterday as well - August 20th. Fifty-six for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to you then Lawrence - mine is the 19th. First sign you get that you are getting old is when you are working with people who are of an age to potentially be your children - happened to me when I was in my mid thirties and some of my co workers were 16 or 17!

      Delete
  5. Best Wishes Keith. The Lancers will be a nice project, look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, yes, I am looking forward to getting into them, the first two are assembled and under coated black already.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Keith! looking forward to see the Lancers in your games :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry - it may be a while before we get back to face to face gaming here unfortunately....

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday and certainly a nice present. I buy my own and then give it to SWMBO, to wrap for the big day. That way I get what I want and the family doesn't have to faff around trying to find something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve...yes I have used a similar method too,although I prefer to give them a list of half a dozen then there is a bit of a surprise when I find out what they picked...the best time was when the entire family combined and bought everything on the list...a nice bonus!

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday, they look like fun,warlord are easy to build but I do prefer the Perry stuff, I'm lucky to get anything hobby related, at least you can stop building terrain for a bit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain...yes I agree, the Perry stuff is nicer. The Warlord kits only tend to have one or two poses and in this set, the two horses are in an almost identical pose. They are very nice sculpts nonetheless.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday Keith...

    The French Line lancers Uniforms is one of my favourite ...although I only have one unit I am seriously tempted to do more...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. This is my third French Line Lancer unit, the others are a mixture of Front Rank and Connoisseur. I tend to have too few cavalry in my armies and I really need to add Dragoons, Hussars and Chasseurs a Chevalier to my collection too!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Keith... The lancers look like a great present, far better than socks.... :-)
    Who ever said gamers were difficult to buy for???
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete