Thursday 24 September 2020

Another Four Reivers Completed

 

Here is the latest progress on the Border Reivers project – two figures per night – these were painted on Weds 23rd and Thurs 24th Sept – two more are under coated black on the painting desk in the garage and will probably be painted tomorrow – unless I have a night off and drink beer instead! (There is all weekend to come after all…..)

For the last few days I have arrived home with a slight feeling of hopeful anticipation that either my few Reiver figures from Col Bills or the civilians from Fenryll will have arrived – so far I have been disappointed – maybe tomorrow….

Tonight I tied an experiment with saving the images onto Word (where I have written this) and then copying and pasting into Blogger – but it didn’t work….

A couple of these figures are not my favourites in the bunch – particularly the one in red top with the sword and shield – he has hardly any face at all, hidden away inside his huge helmet – and the pose isn’t that great – I think this is reflected in the less impressive paint job – although that may just be the colours I chose to use on him.









 
 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 
 


 

 

 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Keith, timed 1136 hours GMT, 24th Sept, I am not seeing any images. The spaces where the images should be are visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Thanks Norm - I was editing it - looked like I had succeeded in copying them from Word when I was in the creating phase, but when I saved it, the images were absent. I went back and fixed up the images but could not get the text above the first photo...still working on Blogger II!

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work Keith as the figures look nice. Famous last words but the new Blogger is working OK for me at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve...it worked ok for me last time...I just need to stop trying to find quicker or easier ways to do things on it!

      Delete
  3. I like the chap with grounded spear and leveled pistol a lot. Two figures per night is a good pace to keep the project growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan...yes, I like that pose too, and the last one with his sword in the air....knowing the perversity of the Dice Gods, the one I like the least will probably end up being the most successful on the table top!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, bags of character. Just doing a couple of figures a night is a great way to get through them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Norm. Yes, it's a nice, unpressured pace, and hopefully means reinforcements will arrive before these boys are finished.....

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Phil....they are really nicely sculpted poses.

      Delete
  6. That is a fairly decent pace and nice work Keith. It always seems a shame when there is not a face to paint as it is difficult to get involved with the figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Lawrence - I guess that's why I prefer the larger scale figures - and also why I am starting to prefer skirmish level collections as opposed to mass armies - although no doubt the butterfly bug will bite me again sometime - its more virulent than Covid by far!

      Delete
  7. Nice bunch of reivers! I quite like the bloke with the red top,but clearly I'm just an awkward sod!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain - I just felt like I had done a very average job on that figure...so I blamed the sculpt rather than my lack of attention to detail! As I said to Jonathan, this bloody figure will probably end up being the hero who takes on three opponents and rolls a handful of sixes to prevail against overwhelming odds, while all the nicer ones are wiped out by a female peasant armed with a pitchfork!

      Delete
  8. Another good back, this is going to be quite the collection.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu, they are getting there slowly!

      Delete