Saturday 26 September 2020

First Batch of Reivers Completed

 
 
Today I have finished off the last of my first batch of Border Reivers.

I am a bit disappointed that the other two small orders I placed a fortnight ago have not arrived yet but nothing I can do about it.

First up below are the three Reiver groups I have purchased, as presented on the manufacturers website, followed by my version

After that, I have at last actually completed most of the scratch built buildings I have been working on and took them out into the Spring sunshine in the garden this afternoon to take advantage of some better lighting

Finally, we have the five most recently completed reivers, two Broken Men armed with bows, a “Heidman” in some snazzy clothing, plus a couple of followers. 

 

This isn’t the order I planned to present things but its the way the images have ended up on Blogger and I am not spending any more time messing about with the bloody thing so they can just stay that way. On the old blogger, I could have cut and pasted them where I wanted in a few seconds but this new version is ….well I wont say, although I am tempted. 

There are five cottages, a Bastle house and  two Pele Towers, a smaller three level one plus the original five level.

Still to finish off are a couple more cottages, the church and a March Wardens residence – once those are all done, I think I probably have enough buildings for a skirmish level game.

 
The Armstrongs


 
The "Broken" Men - Outlaws


 
Red Rowans Reivers


 
Five Reiver Cottages

 
A Bastle House



 
The smaller Pele Tower




 
The Five Story Pele Tower







 
Above and below bow armed Reivers


 
The final three






 

Once again, this has taken twice as long (at least) as it would have done on the old Blogger and I have had to do a whole lot of messing around, renumbering images and half a dozen other “tricks” just to get it done. Every time I want to add comment, I have to do it on Word then paste it in, as if I try to type anything in Blogger, it freezes every two or three letters. Whoever made these changes and for whatever reason they made them, to me, it is a complete and utter failure – hopefully in a month or two, all these issues will have been resolved.

14 comments:

  1. It is painful to read of your continuing struggle with Blogger. On the bright side, your group photos turned out marvelously. Excellent brushwork and part one of this project well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan.... I will stop commenting on my trials and tribulations as I am sure readers are fed up of seeing my complaints...particularly as no one else seems to be experiencing similar issues....it must be user error as opposed to the program!

      Delete
  2. Shame to hear you're still having problems with the new Blogger. However your figures and buildings look superb, especially the detailed interiors which is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve...it was quite a lot of fun making the buildings

      Delete
  3. Looking good Keith...
    The buildings really work well...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly...just need to get them all into a game now

      Delete
  4. I love the colours you have use don these figures Keith. Great work. Like you, I am struggling to see what the benefits of the Blogger upgrade were, but thankfully I'm not experiencing the problems and at least the pictures appear to load much more quickly now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lawrence - I have used a tad more bright colour in a couple of mine, but for the most part have used pretty subdued hues, like the examples from the manufacturers page. To be honest, it was coming across these examples online that spurred me into this era in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark...they were fun figures to paint

      Delete
  7. They take the paint really well, you have really captured the period with these. Agreed the new version is no where near as user friendly as before.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu - yes, they are very nice figures - looking forward to the next batch from Col Bills so I can see how they compare. Next time I post, I am going to do it very simple post and hopefully wont have any issues :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking figures and splendid terrain! Just need a game!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats about the size of it Iain...not sure when that will be though - we have our week long gaming extravaganza coming up in about four weeks - assuming there is no COVID flare up in the meantime....

      Delete