Sunday 2 September 2018

28mm Napoleonic Portuguese 10º Regimento de Infantaria de Linha

These guys are not quite complete (because I need 4 or 5 more figures) but as I have taken over a week to get them to this stage, I felt an overwhelming desire to post the "progress so far"!

This is the second unit for Campbells Brigade, as mentioned in my post re the 4 Regimento. The regimental distinctions for this unit are pale blue collar and cuffs with white lace edging. I also decided to give them a mixture of trouser colours and some variety in their blanket/greatcoat roll on top of their knapsacks, as I am sure they were not universally turned out in spic and span, parade standard uniforms!






9 comments:

  1. What a splendid addition, painting and basing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely toys sir...
    I must admit that when I think of the Napoleonic Portuguese army my mind goes straight to the colour brown...
    Which is daft... as these guys have a very attractive uniform and a lovely flag...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aly....yes, I will need to add some more "brown jobs" at some point, (probably Front Rank) but the Line Infantry are a more cost effective option, being hard plastics from Warlord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely looking unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Iain - I have just now posted the next addition to my collection of metal (or in this case, plastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! I like how you varied the color of trousers and rolled greatcoats to get that campaign look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon - just reading this now, for the first time :)

      Delete