Saturday 8 September 2018

War of 1812 - British Reinforcements 
The 44th (East Essex) Regiment


This is the third unit to muster off the painting table in the wake of my birthday gains a couple of weeks ago, following on from the two regiments of Portuguese line infantry.

These Brits are Perry plastics and using my "economical" (some would say mean) basing protocol, the box of 36 line and four riflemen provides me enough figures for two battalions, although there is only one command sprue and also not quite enough flank company arms to produce 12 flank figures so I have economized even further and only put two flank company figures on each base

The figures are wearing the later "Waterloo" shako, with its weather proof cover, so none of them have plumes showing

The 44th Foot served in N America from 1814-1815 and were present at the following engagements:
Bladensburg, Washington, Baltimore, New Orleans and Mobile.
They have yellow facings. The Regimental colour is one of two that comes with the set








6 comments:

  1. Great looking figures and nice basing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nathan...these Perry plastic figures are really very well detailed and have a great range of possible poses with the various arms provided!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job and wonderful bases rross, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci Phil - I seem to get a lot of positive comments about my bases, which makes the effort involved worthwhile! All the extra bits and pieces that come with the plastic figures are really useful for discarded shakos etc....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Perry plastic figures are just great and you've done a lovely job on them!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Iain - yes I agree, although I still think Front Rank are the ultimate figure to paint, the Perry's along with Warlord etc have convinced me of the merit of hard plastic (I had always been convinced of the superior RoI of platics!)

    ReplyDelete