Saturday 3 June 2023

First GNW Russian Cavalry Squadron

 Having received enough bits to create 24 plastic cavalry from my mate Adrian, I have decided to do four different squadrons for maximum interest. In the BLB basing format, a squadron is two 60mm x 60mm bases with three cavalry figures per base - thus, I have enough figures for four different squadrons. Unfortunately, either Adrian or I have misplaced one constructed cavalry figure, as I received 12 figures on untouched sprues, plus 12 assembled horses but only have 11 assembled riders. I have a feeling when I originally unpacked the carton, all 12 assembled riders were present, but I could be wrong....so, one squadron is likely to comprise only 5 figures.....but it's not this one!




As mentioned above, these figures had already been assembled by Adrian - I probably would not have had them all pistol armed, but on the other hand, the Russian cavalry is all old-style shooting cavalry in BLB so maybe it is appropriate? Officer and two troopers of the Sheremetevs Life Squadron above.


Second stand is the standard bearer and two other pistol packing troopers. 


Several more images of both stands together follow.




Thats all for tonight - time for me to head back to the garage where the Galitski infantry regiment is about 75% complete - they will most likely be the next unit to grace this post. Until then, hope all is well with you all and that you are getting in plenty of hobby time!

32 comments:

  1. Splendid looking figures, and I really like the work you have done on the bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter - I think bases are important. Average figures on very good bases look better than average, whereas very nice figures on poor bases only ever look average!

      Delete
  2. Amazing paint work Kieth on your Cavalry- you are certainly an excellent painter and modeler- great work! Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev...not sure about the modeller accolade, sticking half a dozen parts of these 28mm hard plastic figures together is about my limit, but appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  3. Great work on those figures Keith. That's a nice crisp style. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard. I find you have to be more precise with the plastic figures, they are less forgiving than most metal ranges, due to the finer, more scale accurate detail on them.

      Delete
  4. Nicely done, your discipline for regular painting is noteworthy … I need to knuckle down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....thanks Norm. I am expecting you have just about painted all your Warlord Epic figures by now......?!

      Delete
  5. Your cavalry look fab, Keith! Now, back to the workbench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, I am not in a competition with you in terms of productivity...if I was, I would lose!

      Delete
  6. Great work on the cavalry Keith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Keith. It really is an eye-catching uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, next batch of cavalry are on the work bench!

      Delete
  8. Good job, Keith! Your performance is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, your comments are always welcome!

      Delete
  10. An excellent stat Keith. How many units do you need to do to match up to your Swedes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol....I won't be doing them all Mark, because different we accept a two to one ratio in favour if the Russians, I would need twenty plus battalions and about fourteen squadrons of cavalry!

      Delete
    2. God knows how if became different.....!

      Delete
  11. Great looking Russian cavalry unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, I have been getting plenty of hobby time; more than some, less than others. The Cav look really good. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely toys Keith…
    Nice to see more non-green Russians.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly....I really should do some more in the more usual green and red though....trouble is. I already planned what to do with the Ebor troops when they arrive and a lot of them will be other colours too!

      Delete
  14. Great looking, the units are rolling off the painting table quite speedily. Your Swedes will get thier opponents soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep them coming!! I think you're going to get very busy Keith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, your wish is my command - the next regiment is about to be posted!

      Delete
  16. Lovely work there Keith as always:). The weather here remains wonderful, so hard to get the motivation to paint, but then it might dry on the brush before I could get it to the figures! At least the gardening is nearly done bar maintenance, so my mind is certainly moving back towards gaming...

    ReplyDelete