Thursday 25 August 2022

20mm Allied M5 Halftrack

Hot on the heels of my revelation regarding birthday gifts, I have assembled and painted the first of three Plastic Soldier Company M5 halftracks. I chose the M5 over the M3 for the simple reason that it comes with British crew figures rather than American, which is what I wanted, as I have no US troops in my 20mm collection!

Not a lot to say about it really - a nice simple kit in less than twenty parts (I would estimate) with several crew figures, which certainly enhances the model in my opinion. Here are too many pics of it!

The first few, I took prior to gluing the crew into the rear compartment, just so you can get a better impression of the model itself.



Hard to see, but there is a pair of drivers in the driving compartment



A couple of good views of the rear, sans crew



And below, same range of angles (more or less) but with the five crew now glued in place




The crew of five comprise one pair plus three individual figures - a nice bit of variety




Any finally, remember that big, bad, scary T26 tank, the master of the Spanish plains....?


Here it is, next to an M5 in the same scale....!


Lots of bits and pieces on the painting desk at the moment, so not sure what will be next, but should be something in two- or three-days' time - until then, take care and stay healthy!

35 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Scotty, I agree, I do like the PSC stuff - the SdKfz 251's I have, are very nice too!

      Delete
  2. Very nice kit and you have done a great job!
    Strangely to me the T-26 looks less scary when next to the motorbike than next to the half track where it still looks quite fearsome 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben, I think it's come out nicely!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work there Keith. I remember the Matchbox kit with the AA gun in it which was always cool. The pulpit is much debated as to whether the British kept them or not. Personally I go with what looks best to me in cases such as this, as they're my toys;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember building several of the Hasegawa kits when I was a lad!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Steve....you can build either version with the kit, but like you, I think it looks better with!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous work you've done there Keith. Looks like a nice kit to construct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard....it was certainly nice and simple!

      Delete
  5. You made quick work of the half track. Great result too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very easy build and pretty simple paint job too, Jon, but looks effective nonetheless!

      Delete
  6. Good looking halftrack: I still wouldn't want to be in an M5 halftrack if someone was opening up on me with a 45mm gun; being selfish that way, I'll take the outdated T 26, so long as there's no other armor in the vicinity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true Ed! Even a PzKfw II with its 20mm pop gun would be a threat to a halftrack!

      Delete
  7. Great looking half track, I like the psc kits, enough detail but not too many bits!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, they are great kits for wargamers, that's for sure!

      Delete
  8. Came out looking really great. A nice kit. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great bit of kit Keith and your painting of it is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray. I do find vehicles react well to my old school dry brushing technique

      Delete
  10. You really do turn these around quickly Keith, and to a beautiful standard. I think the drybrushing approach looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, I am pleased with the results.

      Delete
  11. Very nice too, lovely job Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, will have a second done soon I expect!

      Delete
  13. Great stuff Keith. I always like the half tracks both the M3 and the Hanomags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Mark, they look very cool but seem to offer very little protection to the occupants!

      Delete
  14. Great looking vehicles and a belated happy birthday, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great Keith! And belated happy birthday - looks like we are both Leos! You've already seen my Epic birthday gift from my wife on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nate - and thats a good gift from your wife - i have not managed to train mine that well!

      Delete