Monday 12 December 2022

Desfile de la Guerra Civil Española - Segunda Parte - Las Republicanas

 And that, of course, is the introduction to the second, and final, instalment of my SCW parade! (There will of course have to be a supplementary post on the recently arrived vehicles, but that can wait a few days)

Less images this time, I split the infantry into smaller groups but did not take two or three different images of them from assorted angles.


Republican Regular Army troops


As always, most of the figures are from the beautiful Minairons range


But there are a few additional figures from Irregular Miniatures in the mix.


Republican support options


An HMG



And a mortar



Next up, the CNT/FAI militia force


These are all Minairons, including the MG team


The last of the Republican infantry - Milicianas female militia fighters


The Republican cavalry was sourced from Irregular Miniatures, just to make it a bit distinctive from the Nationalist version, which utilises the Minairons figures



Two HaT supply wagons


Two HaT Pak 36 AT guns and crew



And two Republican field guns (HaT) with Minairons crews



The MG armed FT17 tanks are also from HaT - still waiting for the supplier to get stock of the 37mm cannon version!


Love these two dispatch riders, particularly the nonchalant pose of the guy on the right!




And finally, the two Republican T26 tanks


Thats about all I am likely to need for the smaller scale games/force levels used in the GEG rules I am planning to use, so apart from a few more vehicles (and a couple of unpainted figures from Irregular that I will probably add to the mix) that will be about it for this collection!

I hope you enjoyed the parade and please show your appreciation in the traditional (blogging) manner and leave a brief comment - cheers!

29 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed Keith. There really is a nice assortment of uniforms and equipment for the SCW, and you have certainly covered your fair share of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence....I would have liked to add Civil Guards and Assault Guards to the mix, but unfortunately Minairons don't have them and their sculptor has retired, so until they find a new one, they are a bit stuck. The Irregular range has a few, but not the variety and to be honest, a lot of their figures aren't as nice as the Minairons range.

      Delete
  2. Another impressive parade. Time to get them collected together on the table for battle? I like the dispatch riders too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, and doubtless, you are right. I just need to work out a scenario....and how to operate the rules as a solo game!

      Delete
    2. Solo? Phone a friend and fight it out remotely over Zoom.

      Delete
  3. Wooooow! Excellent looking miniatures sir!
    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done here Kieth on your splendid Collection- it'd be great to see them all in a Scenario sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev, the desire to see them in a game seems to be a common theme of reader comments!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful collection Keith. Looking for to seeing them engaged on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, appreciate your visit and comments.

      Delete
  6. These are a varied and interesting bunch - super cool!

    Love the FT17's. Ugly little French mobile bunkers. (I "might" be painting one of those up for an upcoming project....)

    The stars of this post are of course the dispatch riders. Really nice character to their sculpts. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, now you have piqued my interest, what new project might include an FT 17??!!
      I agree the DR's are pretty cool....not sure how to get them involved in a game, though....I did think of making some kind of command base and have the resting guy sitting, waiting for a dispatch to carry, but in the end, I didn't really have other figures to use for it. Maybe I will come back to that idea at a future date.....

      Delete
    2. I think I'll post on that after Xmas mate. :) Still waiting on some packages to be "delivered", if you know what I seasonally mean?

      Delete
    3. Certainly do Dai....I work on the courier industry!

      Delete
  7. Great to see the 'good guys' get their parade. Superb looking force

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...I think most of us agree who the good guys were in this particular conflict, Scotty! Funny that, as I am sure there are plenty of wargamers who don't support mass land redistribution and the irradication of the middle class! But I guess given subsequent history, no one wants to say they would have supported Franco 😀

      Delete
  8. Another fine review of your SCW forces. I would agree most of us realize that supporting Franco is not what we would want to do. I also encourage you to put on an SCW game so the two sides can Duke it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe - I really am going to have to figure out how to do a mini solo scenario with these figures...everyone is on my case about it!

      Delete
  9. Nicely done Keith, particularly like the wagons, 20mm has many advantages ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt and yes, I think 20mm is a nice scale, although after so many years of 28mm, they do seem almost like 15mm when I am painting them!

      Delete
  10. Another great parade there Keith. Like many I tend to favour the Republicans in this War, but as always the Italians and their tankettes pull at my heart strings too. What I love as well is that the T-26, derided by many, was the Tiger II of its day and even into the early days of WWII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve....I think you would have to go a long way to find anyone who would say they would have supported Franco, unlike, for instance, the ECW, where plenty people prefer the Royalists, even though, historically, their cause stood for the divine right of kings to rule and as a road block to the development of parliamentary democracy!

      Delete
  11. Another nice parade Keith…
    I like the individuality of the Republican uniforms… practical but also still colourful in my opinion.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, the different militia groups certainly give plenty of scope for a variety of clothing!

      Delete
  12. A lovely- and growing- collection! Particularly love the FT17s!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely parade, the FTs and BTs are ace, as I think I've mentioned elsewhere, we did the Spanish civil war in history and Franco was definitely the hero, closely followed by Mussolini!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, glad you like them! I also did the SCW for Higher (A level) history back in 1979...but I don't remember it being taught to us that way! Was your teacher Miss Jean Brodie?!

      Delete