Thursday 26 October 2023

Blitzkrieg German Collection - Progress So Far

 I was intending to do a parade (hurrah!) once I thought I had "completed" this Blitzkrieg project, but at least one person requested a progress report, so I thought "why not?" And here it is.


The colour above is weird because I used the 0.5 size on the camera....










Not too many words as all these have been featured on the blog previously. The grand count is - so far - 1 x PzKfw III, 3 x PzKfw 38t, 2 x SdKfz 251 Ausf C, 3 x HMG, 1 x 81mm mortar, 2 x 50mm mortar, 9 x LMG MG34 teams, 12 x infantry bases, 9 x NCO/Officer bases, 1 Senior Command base, 1 x sniper, 1 x motorcyclist and 2 Propaganda Kompanie.

Almost completed are another ten infantry, an SdKfz 251 C and the other three 3D motorcycles. 

In hand but not started on yet are 2 x PzKfw III, a Flak 37 88mm gun, a Pak 36 37mm AT Gun, a 3D printed SdKfz 221 and a 3D printed Opel Blitz truck, whilst en route from the UK are another 6 (I think) motorcycle models.

Is that enough.... could be.... although I have a hankering for an SdKfz 222 (I actually thought that was what I was buying when I got the 221 - slight inattention there....). And then, as several readers have pointed out, I might "need" dismounted motorcycle troops......

Anyway, that's it at present and the end of tonight's post.

36 comments:

  1. Excellent. You will need that 88 when the Matildas come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg...and ain't that the truth...the little Pak 36 won't cut it, that's for sure! Maybe I need another 88.....?!!

      Delete
  2. You have amassed a nice force, Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look the business, and I'm sure that once they're "complete" some other additions might be in order...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed....it's an iconic looking uniform and the "little" tanks look very nice

      Delete
  4. Very nice- a tidy force- just need a "Stuka" to round out the attacking capability!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks John! Not sure I will get into the Luftwaffe and luckily, old mate Rick has a Ju87 in his SCW collection, if we need it!

      Delete
  5. What a great partail parade as it were Keith. Seeing them altogether is lovely and shows us how far this project has come. A Hs-126 or Stuka would be nice of course...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve...I refer my honourable friend to my previous answer re airpower!

      Delete
  6. WW2 forces, like napoleonics, always need 'just one more thing....'

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great collection coming together well Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, I just need to know when to stop! I reckon three storage boxes should do it....

      Delete
  8. Your project is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great looking force you've put together Keith. Looking forward to seeing future additions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scotty...you can take credit for the show and tell post!

      Delete
  10. Such an impressive collection, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil - and I am still "collecting" LOL!

      Delete
  11. Coming together nicely, I won't use need again!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain....you never know, there might be more I still need!

      Delete
  12. Very impressive army, Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite the force Keith, they look great.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu...hopefully I can get them into action soon...

      Delete
  14. Great force Keith. No Panzer I's or II's? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  15. don't fret about too many parade shots , keep channelling your inner Zukhov

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo! The parade 😁
    Last a fine looking collection… Of course you will need more 😂

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well according to Ben above, I need Pz I and II's!

      Delete
  17. As well as the mentioned dismounted Cycle troops, I also think an 8-RAD armoured car would look great with this force (And a couple more trucks? Far more of them used in the early war than later.). Very iconic for 1939-41.

    A splendid parade mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh stop it Dai, I am trying to finish this off, not keep expanding it! You are right about the 8 wheeled armored cars though....dammit!

      Delete