Sunday 1 October 2023

Testing Posting from my Phone

As I will be on holiday from Wednesday 4 Oct in Rarotonga (The Cook Islands), I tried testing to see if I could make posting work using my phone....that way, I may be able to do a couple of posts while away! 

Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out how to get the images from my phone onto the blog, so I may have to flag the idea of live updates from the holiday :( This is an image off the net that I believe is taken from EXACTLY where we will be staying - an Air BnB right on the beach front at Vaima Beach Stays:


The location on the island as below 


And for those who don't know, this is where Rarotonga is located


And here is a fun fact from the news archives last week:

Joe Biden, the president of the United States, is set to announce the opening of new embassies on the Cook Islands and Niue as part of a charm offensive to block Chinese inroads into the South Pacific.

The announcement about the new diplomatic missions on Sunday came as Biden prepared to welcome Pacific Island leaders to Washington, DC, for a two-day US-Pacific Island Forum Summit.

And finally, some Blitzkrieg Germans completed recently! These are the last of the hard plastic Warlord figures.


NCO and schutze



NCO/spotter with sniper


Officer and NCO



Moving MG34 team



MG34 firing on the move



And finally, a deployed MG34





Currently, I am working on another batch of ten 1st Corps Blitzkrieg Germans - I think I may have a couple of ten-man squads to complete, then that should be most of the infantry contingent required. Currently, I am awaiting a few motorcycles (for recon) an SdKfz 222 and an Opel Blitz truck from this 3D printing supplier in France. I have bought from them previously and was happy with their product so hopefully the quality is consistent. WW2 Figurines Allemandes | JJG print 3D 10/15. The images online certainly look very nice, and the pricing isn't too bad. I would really like these three from a different supplier too but when including postage, they would end up around $100NZ for three 28mm motorcycle combinations - I can't justify that to myself unfortunately!


Thanks for your visit and I may be a bit quiet - both posting and commenting - from Weds onwards for a week or so - but normal service will be resumed no later than 12 Oct!

34 comments:

  1. Nice work on the 28mm Germans Kieth- look forward to seeing your Vehicles later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kev - vehicles may be a few weeks off!

      Delete
  2. Nice additions to your early war Germans, Keith! Enjoy the time in the sun and surf - don't worry too much about posting until you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean - I won't be worrying TOO much - just would have been nice to post a couple of times with views of the beach etc - but as you say, it will have to wait till I am back with technology I understand!

      Delete
  3. YMMV but that m/cycle & sidecar is ridiculously out of scale to the figures - they look like they are riding in a kiddie's pram:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at you Andrew, all down with the kids. using social media speak! I had to Google YMMV to find out what it meant, although I had correctly inferred the meaning! I will see how good they are when they turn up although maybe you are talking about the Eskice ones that I am NOT buying?!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the Cook Islands! I just uploading a photo from my iphone into a blog post and it worked. don't give up yet! I would enjoy seeing photos from your holiday in the Cook Islands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon - maybe the issue is I have an Android - but I would have thought when using the phone to link to Blogger, it would have had an option to load photos from "this device" or something like that....
      You don't need to worry about not seeing holiday pics though - I will definitely inflict these on my readers in a fortnight or so, when I am back in NZ!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your holiday and I like the look if those Germans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scotty - its 13c and wet/windy here in Auckland at present, so quite looking forward to Raro and some island sun!

      Delete
  6. Cracking work on those Germans and if that is the view from your place on the Cook Islands, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time there! Just a tad jealous, just a tad..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve - you get the wargames shows, we get the tropical island holidays...!

      Delete
    2. SWMBO would definitely prefer the tropical island holidays, that's for sure;)!

      Delete
  7. Thé blitzkrieg Germans look ace, but I’m too eaten up with jealousy to heap praise on you. Lucky sod. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...looks like your device is set up for French language use, JBM...the first word "the" has become the French word for tea! 😀

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your holiday and have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark and I am confident we will!

      Delete
  9. Nice work on the Germans Keith. Have a great trip away. Of the Pacific Islands I have only been to New Caledonia which was a bit of a disappointment, but have never heard a bad word about Rarotonga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence....this will be our fourth visit in about 15 years, so I guess we like it. I would really like to go to Noumea sometime...

      Delete
  10. I am green with envy mate...the thought of you sitting in the sun while the rain lashes against the windows here and your biggest decision is whether you are going to wash lunch down with a beer or a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolo - you have been reading my holiday planning notes obviously, Mark! One day to go and its wet, windy and cold outside my place at the moment - so makes the anticipation even sweeter!

      Delete
  11. Great looking Blitzkrieg Germans and sounds like a fun holiday, I bought some 3d prints French Napoleonic limbers and was pleasantly surprised how good they were overall, hope you have the same experience!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain - I have bought from this guy previously - WWII 28mm Russian infantry (female) - you may remember them?! - so I am hopeful my latest purchases should be fine.

      Delete
  12. Looks a magnificent holiday destination, to say the least. I have ever confidence that you'll make the most of it. No worries about staying in contact with the likes of us: we'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ed - I am sure you are correct on all fronts!

      Delete
  13. Lovely new toys Keith…
    And have a lovely lazy holiday…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to have issues uploading pics from my Samsung years ago, but now have an iphone and no longer have to deal with that thankfully.

    Regardless, show us the lovely views when you get back and just enjoy those beaches and clear waters without distraction mate. Very envious.

    New krauts look great too! Sounds like you are close to finish? Darn you work fast mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dai - photos of the Raro trip are about to hit my blog!

      Delete