Tuesday 3 October 2023

Last Post for a Week or So

Well as my wife fusses around over the final details of packing for our trip overseas, I have time for one last update on my 28mm Blitzkrieg German project. This time, it is another of the ten-man squads from 1st Corps. These consist of an NCO, a two-man MG34 team and seven riflemen. I have four of these squads, this is the second to be completed.


The 1st Corps squads break up nicely into 2 x two-man bases (the NCO and a rifleman and the MG34 crew) and 2 x three-man bases, as shown above.


NCO stand - I think all four squads have a slightly different NCO pose, which is nice!



MG34 stand - there are two like this and two deployed in a prone firing pose.



The seven infantrymen are basically the same in each group, I think (although there may be head variants)




Very nice figures - well, I like them, anyway! I put together a second SdKfz 251 Ausf C and the last of the trio of PzKfw 38t's the other night, but they will have to wait till after the holiday now. 

I just shot over to Andrews place (about 20 mins each way trip) to drop off some of my 15mm WWII Brits he is hoping to use for a game he is running at Barrys this coming Sunday, and now, I better consider going to bed as I need to be up around 0500 to head to the airport - catch you all in a week or so (although I may be able to comment on your blogs via my phone while I am away - best not let SWMBO catch me, though!)

36 comments:

  1. Ha e a safe trip, good luck on your escape and evasion plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo - certainly ready for a bit of a break from work!

      Delete
  2. Great work as always - enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly cracking through your Germans Keith…
    Have fun 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly...post 1900 uniforms are easier/quicker to paint!

      Delete
  4. Very nice work there Kieth on your 28mm German Troops. Have a great time away on your Holiday. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kev...sitting at the departure gate right now!

      Delete
  5. I really like the greens you chose for them. I suppose I painted later war Germans (in 15mm) so their greens are less rich. I usually don't bother with anything more than flesh colour and an ink wash on the face, but the lips look really good. I may have to adjust my practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dave....my painting technique tends to vary from batch to batch....I used to do cheeks same colour as lips, but haven't for a while now!

      Delete
  6. Lovely work Keith. Happy hols.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some nice variety in these bases. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those 1st Corps sculpts. Your painting does them justice.

    Safe travels mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done Keith and enjoy your holiday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a quick last-minute blog post while the wife does the packing. Mine is an excellent packer and won't let me anywhere near it, so probably best to stay out of the way. Lovely Germans Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence...I have been off line for a week due to roaming charges...but had to reconnect to do on line arrival card anyway, so may as well get full use of my $8 a day!

      Delete
  11. 1st Corps sculpts are very nice. I have used some for a couple of different projects; not WWII though. Excellent result on the figures. Enjoy your holiday! coincidently, I am listening to Dan Snow and his examination of Captain Cook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. It has been a very relaxing few days Ben! Full report to follow.

      Delete
  13. Lovely work there Keith and have a great trip and look forward to seeing the holiday snaps when you return. At least here it is still very mild, even sunny and warm, so we are trying to enjoy it whilst it last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve...we have had warm weather here and seem to have missed some pretty average conditions in NZ, so mission accomplished!

      Delete
  14. Great work Keith. Have a fab break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking Blitzkrieg Germans! Have fun on your holiday!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nicely done Keith enjoy the trip 👍

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look wonderful, enjoy your break Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu, morning of the last day unfortunately...in less than 12 hours we will be back in Auckland

      Delete