Monday 13 December 2021

First of the She Wolves

 These are the first two of the recently arrived Pulp Figures miniatures that I have painted. Two of the Chinese girls are finished apart from the basing work. I painted these two German figures in quasi  Colonial/African theatre uniforms, which will work well with the Pulp theme. I have a second set that I will probably paint in more traditional black SS uniforms, as they are shown on the manufacturers website, which can be used in pulp adventures in more temperate climes!










Finally, in case anyone is interested, I assume this rather dreadful 1970's "Nazi-ploitation"  film "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS" is the inspiration for these figures...

20 comments:

  1. They look great Keith 👍 think I need to watch they film !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt...I would not recommend the film, I watched s few minutes, it's REALLY bad!

      Delete
  2. Great looking pair of Nazi villains!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, another twelve of them to go!

      Delete
  3. Very nice work Keith and the semi-tropical uniforms work a treat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. The white jacket was a real thing, as part of the summer dress uniform...but teamed with black breeches. I am not sure how often it was worn in reality though.

      Delete
  4. The She Wolf in the white jacket is Killer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she is a killer, Keith! Something about the white jacket and red armband, blond hair, and the pose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. Bob Murch can take credit for the pose and armband...he obviously watched that awful movie at some point!

      Delete
  6. I love the white jacket Keith, an inspired choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence - I saw some senior Nazi official on some genuine 1930's colour footage on You Tube wearing a similar white jacket and thought it would look good in a Pulp setting - there is also an example in the film "Inglourious Basterds" - the German sniper who becomes a movie star wears one....

      Delete
  7. Villainous young ladies indeed…
    The tropical uniforms work really well


    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly - I have a couple of Chinese ladies completed and then I am starting on some "proper" toy soldiers - Italians and French

      Delete
  8. At least one of them has the required platinum blonde hair.
    Nice job!

    😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yes Stew! I am trying not to be TOO cliched by making them all blond!

      Delete