Sunday 26 December 2021

Pulp Project Painting Progress Proceeds Apace!

 Well, THATS a nice bit of alliteration! Three different batches of figures here, painted over the last two to three days - more are completed on the painting desk and just awaiting basing.

Firstly, we have the first four French figures from Crusader Miniatures. I have painted these before, for use as the Latvian Rifle Division in my RCW project, and they are good, solid sculpts. 


Four "Dragons Portes" ready to support the French cause in any future aventure Pulpe






Final rear view of the Force Francais

Next up, four more of the Perry soldati italiani


All four, front and rear.....






And finally for this post, three more of Bob Murches lovely female Herrenvolk (well, the SA bird isn't that lovely - been in the beerkeller quaffing steins and gobbling wurst a bit too much by the look of her...!)



I gave the storm trooper a very ruddy complexion, to go with her larger girth!






Thats yer lot for now - we are off on a nice bush walk tomorrow so should hopefully have some scenic pics to add to my next post. 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely work; it appears North Afrika will have many points be covered in the era.,looking forward to AAR reports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe - my mind has two main theatres under consideration currently - N Africa/Middle East, and the Far East/Orient - but I am happy to look at other areas of the world too, such as S America or Sub Saharan Africa!

      Delete
  2. Nice work, particularly the Italians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil.....I may be heading for Iberia soon, with a few Empress SCW figures to create a Spanish contingent!

      Delete
  3. Some beautiful minis here, lovely period and characterful figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, I hope you have had a good Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Very nice work Keith! The Italians and Herrenvolk could work across a number of theatres as you rightly say. I'm hoping to get some painting time today now that the madness of Xmas has abated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve - I have had a pretty productive Boxing Day and am well happy with progress I have achieved - might load some more pics tomorrow, will see how I go!

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking miniatures! The pulp project will succeed because of plenty female miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....yes you are probably correct Dmitry!

      Delete
  6. Nice work again Keith. I'll look forward to your Empress figures as they are terrific sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence....I just have to decide which figures to use.....I am tending towards the Civil Guards, with their iconic bicorne hats.

      Delete
  7. A nice mix of new toys Keith…
    The Spanish should be interesting… I agree with you about the Civil Guards… the Assaulto’s are also very characterful and of course you have the Milicianas.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly,. I also found an alternative SCW manufacturer....Templer Miniatures...whose figures look very nice..... Milicianas you say, hmmmm....!

      Delete
  8. Nice work, Keith! I, too, really like the Italians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon - you should see the Contessa from Hasslefree that will be one of the Italian contingent character figures!

      Delete
  9. Splendid looking inter war types! You just need a ju52 in 1/48 now!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain - is "recognition delayed, recognition denied", like justice, I wonder!

      Delete