Sunday 1 March 2020

Scots Greys....Done and Dusted!

Our group had a very enjoyable Russian Civil War game today at Barry's, but I will blog about that in a couple of days, as tonight I want to post the evidence that I have completed the twelve figures comprising the Warlord Black Powder Scots Greys.

Inspired by Aly's reference to a picture he saw on a recent return visit to Edinburgh Castle, I dug through my library and pulled out this rather ancient book that I inherited from a friend of my fathers. Published during the Great War, it is a collection of stories and images of Scottish regiments from the mid Seventeenth century to the Boer War.

Tune in on Tuesday (New Zealand time) for a report on today's epic clash in the Soviet east.









17 comments:

  1. Those look great, that's dedication I flaming hate painting cavalry yet very project at the moment seems to be full of them :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stu....I have another box of twelve...better get started on them soon, or I might never do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotland forever indeed...
    A lovely looking unit Keith...
    May all their charges be successful...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for their future endeavours Aly!

      Delete
  4. Excellent work! A large print of this famous painting hangs in my game room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan ....looking at the completed unit, I forget the hours they took to assemble and paint!

      Delete
    2. It is good we forget the toil put into each figure. If we remembered the effort needed, we might never begin!

      Delete
  5. Terrific work Keith, and they do look like they have charged straight off Lady Butler's painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lawrence ....they are nice figures to assemble and give a good variety of poses...four or five different possible right arms may be used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Congrats on finishing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Dmitry...come back again in a few days and I will have a report on our Russian Civil War game here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Keith. Glad to see you are using pieces from your spare parts box on the bases...its amazing what you gather over a short period of time, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers Mark ...yes learned that trick some time ago...my favourite was the half drum from the plastic WSS infantry...but I used all my spares of those up some tome ago...I have LOTS of shakos though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great looking unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain...yes, I have always liked this uniform, so after 40 years of wargaming, it WAS about time I painted a unit of these guys!

      Delete
  12. Beautifully done, magnificient!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you James appreciate your visit and comments!

    ReplyDelete