Sunday 29 March 2020

The 15th (Kings) Hussars - First Two Squadrons Completed

Hi All. I am loading this via my work laptop which is now also my home laptop for the duration of our four week (at least)  lock down here in New Zealand. As mentioned previously, I am taking my time with these to stretch out my lead pile - its actually quite nice just spending an hour or so at the painting desk every now and then, rather than being in production line mode, trying to get through the figures and spit out another completed unit as quickly as possible!

At least I should be able to load the images in about two minutes rather than the twenty or thirty it normally takes on the verdammt iPad!

These are all Front Rank figures and dressed in the uniform of the middle period around 1812-1813 I think - after the tall, cylindrical busbies but before the British moved to shakos..







Fantastic - that all took about five minutes - a shorter time than just writing the initial couple of lines would have taken me on any of my posts since Dec 2019! AND as you can see, I can add comments after the photos are loaded as well..




16 comments:

  1. Nice work, Keith! Perhaps you should invest in a personal laptop to save yourself time and frustration?

    Four week lockdown is impressive. We are currently under a two week lockdown. I expect that period will increase as the expiration date approaches and casualties continue to mount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathon...we have an update every day at 1300. Today unfortunately we had our first death, albeit a woman over 70 with other underlying health issues. Hopefully if we can control the 29% of the population who are morons, we may be able to keep hospitalisation and death rates at a manageable level. Best wishes to you and your family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Keith. And I agree, ipads are not the ideal blogging tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nate... Hope you are well and look forward to your next update too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking hussars rross, splendid colors and impressive details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Phil, the Front Rank figures have great detail and are a joy to paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking figures. Very detailed. Good luck with the lock down. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark ...it's Monday here so start of the first full week of working from home...it will be interesting to see how that goes....

      Delete
  8. Hurrah for modern technology....

    Lovely toys... and you are closer to my painting speed...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly...all of a sudden, painting cavalry doesn't seem such a chore!

      Delete
  9. Looks great Keith, and nice work with the blog. I hope it is just four weeks for you guys. We keep moving at a glacial pace on new restrictions, although the rate of increase decreased slightly over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence ...personally I can't see it being resolved in four weeks...we had less new cases for a couple if days in a row over the weekend but I am sure that was just an anomaly and the rate if increase will pick up again soon. Hopefully though, our government went early enough, and we have the natural advantages of geography , to stop us ending up like Italy, Spain or New York. It's really quite amazing the impact this is having when you consider that if we did nothing and just accepted there would be casualties, it would probably only be 1 to 2% the population...of course the problem is, even in this little country, 2% is 100,000 dead! I am not sure what per centage were killed by the Soanish flu in 1918, but I don't think our populations in the west are psychologically capable of seeing that number of people die.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comments Dmitry

      Delete
  11. Great looking figures. Front Rank do make great sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray... Yes I agree (obviously)! Some people don't seem to like them but to me, they are still amongst the best...I prefer them to Foundry, for example...just personal preference of course, nothing wrong with Foundry, I just find them small..true 25mm....compared with more recent figures

      Delete