Monday 23 March 2020

From the Lead Pile.....

As we in New Zealand move to Defcon 1 in our reaction to the spread of COVID19, (from Wednesday most businesses will be mandatorily closed for four weeks), I spent yesterday searching through my meagre residue of left over and unfinished figures.

Now these are a genuine find, and something worth painting...twelve Front Rank British Napoleonic Hussars. I have decided to paint them up as the 15th, Kings, Regiment. I have had them part painted in a drawer for fifteen years at least...originally I was doing them for a friend but for various reasons, they were never completed.

This is the first figure...I plan to do a maximum of one per day, to stretch out the period I can fill doing this unit....not sure if I will post each one as it musters off the painting desk...






12 comments:

  1. A very nice find, indeed! Looks like you need a figure resupply to make it through this isolation period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathon ...I can't really explain why these twelve figures have lain forlornly forgotten for over fifteen years....but I agree, the first example has painted up well. As I work for an express courier company, our business has been classified as an essential service, so I may be fortunate enough to keep working right through, unlike many here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fifteen years...
    Let’s hope that they are glorious in combat after all that time... they deserve it...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Aly...that's a decent length of time to prepare for your first combat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that during these unusual times we all we finding half done forgot projects. Your hussar is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark ...unusual times indeed...I look forward to reading about your forgotten projects too!

      Delete
  6. And let's also hope you get to use them before too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Lawrence ...or I may have try to discover the attractions of solo gaming, which have eluded me thus far!

      Delete
  7. A fine figure Keith and beautifully painted too.

    (I did not get back to your Portugese below, which look grand as well)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great brushwork - and reducing the lead reserves too. Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Dean ...same to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete