Wednesday 18 March 2020

The Fourth Cacadores Battalion - Halfway Point

I had intended this post to be a progress report and notification I would be off line till next Tuesday, but it now looks probable our trip to see our niece and her family in Masterton, will be cancelled due to the bloody Covid 19 alert.

Anyway, don't want too much of the real worlds crap to leak in here, so nuff said....here are the first three bases of the Fourth Cacadores by Front Rank. The kneeling firing figure is an Atirador, the equivalent of an elite company. For some reason, although I got four in total, two per battalion, I managed to pair this guy up with a standard Cacadore ....the other Atirador will have to also be paired this way! I just couldn't be bothered pulling the base apart and starting again when I noticed the snafu!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely work Keith, and I particularly like the bit of fence you have used. It really sets them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence ...I thought it looked quite good too. Just a match stick broken into three parts then glued together to resemble a tumbled down piece of fence!

      Delete
  2. Sorry a 9756974 trip being cancelled. Guess that will be more common now.

    But beautiful figures and the bases look tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark ...just got up at my usual 0545 workaday time to head into work, instead of spending the day driving around 400 miles down to Masterton...NOT HAPPY! On the upside, at least I can carry on painting the rest of the Cacadores 😊

      Delete
  3. You are making good progress and results are terrific! Trip cancellations will be common for some time to come, I expect. I had one trip cancelled in April and another likely to be cancelled in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan ....yes, I expect you are right.....I will get over it, I am sure!

      Delete
  4. Looking good Keith. Agreed this is a far better escape than the real thing at the moment.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu....yeah our confirmed cases in NZ went up to 28 today, a week ago it was 6....all the drongos are out buying 400 bog rolls and every packet of rice and pasta they can get their hands on...we make the toilet roll here, so we aren't going to run out, and in a country of 5 million we produce enough food to feed 55 million....

      Delete
  5. Great looking troops, Keith. Hope to see the whole unit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dmitry...they should be completed by the weekend

      Delete
  6. Super looking Portuguese! Lovely uniform, nicely rendered!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Iain, I have enjoyed painting the slightly unusually coloured uniform worn by the Portuguese Cacadores

    ReplyDelete