Sunday 5 April 2020

A Few More Painted Figures....

Today I completed the two dismounted versions of the Minden "Gentlemen" As you can see from the poses, they are definitely intended to represent a mounted and dismounted version of the same person, but I decided to paint the dismounted ones differently - I think they have turned out pretty nicely!




On the painting table - and virtually completed (only the basing to do) - are another pair of the Front Rank British Napoleonic 15th Hussars.

Below is an image of a figure by Shadowforge, an Australian company, whose figures are now available via Eureka. I have had this figure sitting painted for the best part of a decade I guess, but have yet to find her any purpose - I just liked the figure! I have a long list of figures in this category - would like to get them and paint them, but have no actual practical use for them in gaming terms...this includes at the moment the Female Minions from Statuesque Miniatures!




And finally just a quick visit to the real world....


A colleague was on the Auckland Southern Motorway mid last week at what is usually bumper to bumper rush hour traffic - think the M25 or any major suburban freeway in any major city anywhere



And finally, yesterday was the second Saturday of lock down and I was again the nominated shopper - still had to queue for ten minutes to get in but as you can see, no crowds at the checkouts - I think I could get used to this lock down, I cant really see a down side yet!

11 comments:

  1. Your work on your gentlemen is superb! Both turned out handsomely. I have not been shopping in two weeks so I cannot vouch for the conditions in the grocers here but most stores are queueing shoppers outside and allowing limited numbers in at a time. Are the shelves still well stocked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I am very happy with the two gentlemen. We have the same queuing policy and limited numbers in the supermarket at any one time but yes, virtually everything I was after was there...the one thing that does seem to be in short supply is flour for baking...

      Delete
  2. Absolutely agree! Very nice miniatures, Keith. Love the color palette you picked for gentlemen.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry...we are doing pretty well here in New Zealand...as long as we can keep people sticking to the rules, I don't think we will see the death rates they have had in Europe and the US....

      Delete
  3. Very nice...
    The lockdown is an interesting one, people seem to be themselves permission to have free time, two old friends have just started the hobby back up after a break of 20 years.... although 40k :-(
    Now get back in doors :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu....yes, that's the thing, I am perfectly happy to stay inside most of the time! As others have noted, our hobby benefits from a lot of spare time indoors...my only concern is a potential lack of unpainted figures in my future!

      Delete
  4. Two very nice looking gentlemen. It's a very surreal world we're all living in at the moment for sure. It does make you really appreciate the small things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray....by smal things in life do you mean 15 and 28mm?!

      Delete
  5. Fine looking gentlemen Keith...

    They have clearly changed out of their travelling clothes...

    The road to the back of my house is on the main route to two large supermarkets so there has been a reasonable amount of traffic during the week... today however is delightfully quiet...
    In fact I wish the pigeons would shut up for a few minutes... 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly...a very sensible explanation for the different attire!

      Delete