Monday 13 April 2020

Easter Progress...Part Two

It being mid afternoon on Easter Monday here, I think I can call it and say this is my total progress for the weekend.

I have repainted the batch of Phoenix 30mm parade style Highland infantry that I already painted 20 years ago - still have 9 or 10 completely virgin figures to paint, which may be the next thing I do....

Also finished off were the last two bases of the 5 Cacadore Battalion, leaving only one more battalion of the Portuguese light infantry required to complete the muster of De Silvieras Division.


Above and below - Colour Party of the Gordon Highlanders, circa 1980.



Above and below - the fifth element of the six part Cacadore Battalion



Above and below - the sixth and final element


Below, three different angles on the completed Cacadore Battalion - the last one to be done is the 10th (I think), with all facings etc in black - so that won't be a colourful as this unit...




20 comments:

  1. Lovely parade rross, beautiful minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks phil...I am pleased with how they came out

      Delete
  2. That's quite a weekend's effort. The Cacadores look great.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu .... Didn't want to over achieve and end up with nothing to paint in week four ( or will it be five...or six...or....?) of lock down!

      Delete
  3. Nice work Keith. If you run out of figures I would send you some, but we're not allowed. I still don't know how hobbies are not essential...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I just sent about two dozen plastic heads to a mate of mine via good Ol' NZ Post Nate! Not sure if they would classify that as essential, but no one can check what's in a letter I guess😄

      Delete
  4. Very productive weekend for you at the workbench. Great results as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon...how are those Hittites going?!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Dmitry...and the same to you

      Delete
  6. the Cacadore Battalion looks great. It has me thinking about a peninsula war army. And I really like the Gordon Highlanders. They are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - is that a Butterfily hovering before your eyes...!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful painting on both accounts Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, appreciate your kind words

      Delete
  8. The Colour Partly looks really nice Keith...
    As do the Cacadores...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly...I really needed a background of Edinburgh castle..or maybe Union Street in Aberdeen? But without access to works laser colour printer, I just had to use what I had in stock!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray...just about to post another "parade"

      Delete
  10. Lovely looking Colour party and your Portuguese are splendid!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, thinking about the next theme right now !

      Delete