Wednesday 1 April 2020

A Small Reduction in the Lead Pile...

I have had these four Minden Miniatures 18th century civilians sitting in the painting queue for several years. Originally, they were purchased as part of a group I got on our local E Bay clone, Trade Me - a guy was selling this packet plus the two mounted and dismounted Gentlemen and Ladies packs - three packs in all for NZ$20 I think.

I painted up the two mounted and dismounted ladies more or less as soon as they arrived - quelle surprise! - but the male counterparts have been languishing in obscurity ever since. However, cometh the hour, cometh the man - so a couple of days ago, I painted up these four foot figures - the two "gentlemen" are three quarters completed and will grace this page in the near future.

Hope all my visitors are keeping well and that none of you have had any personal experience of Covid 19 either in your own family or in your friends or work colleagues. We still seem to be under control here in NZ - another 60 cases today and I think a total of two deaths - we are one week into our 4 week nationwide lock down.

Here are the pics:








The one with the axe is probably my favourite and the one with the shovel the one I like least - hence only one image of him! These will be quite useful figures to dot around any 18th century battlefield I think.

17 comments:

  1. Nice details and poses, great looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil they are very nice sculpts indeed

      Delete
  2. But Keith, not one female figure in the group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny Mark ... the ladies were painted earlier!

      Delete
    2. I put some girls in the comparison shots, just for you Mark :)

      Delete
  3. Very well done. Minden miniatures paint up wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, yes, they are very finely detailed miniatures

      Delete
  4. You did a super job on these civilians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathon...after the long wait they had in the lead pile, it was only fair I took some care with them!

      Delete
  5. Oh I like them, how do they measure up to other ranges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray...they are vey fine...slender compared with the lookers of Front Rank. Next time I post, I will put them next to a coup,Le of other figures for comparison..

      Delete
  6. Always good to get some of the backlog painted, I certainly have a fair few of those. Lovely work.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu...I think most of us have some form of lead pike...mine is more modest than many, but it still exists! These were very nice figures to paint and will be useful in a number of settings

      Delete
  7. Nice job Keith, and just the sort of project for lockdown conditions. Has it really only been just over a week for you guys? Time certainly does seem to be much slower in passing of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence ...yes, if it wasn't for this benighted pox, who know if/when I would ever have got around to painting these fine fellows! Yip, first official day at Alert Level 4 was last Thursday. 26 March....

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking civilians, a bit more on the realistic it seems than most ranges, it would be good to get a comparison shot please!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain...I will definitely do that toady...will give me something interesting to do whilst "working from home"

      Delete