Saturday 4 April 2020

Minden Miniatures 18th Century Mounted Gentlemen

Here are the two mounted gentlemen that were also acquired in the small "lot" of Minden figures purchased a couple of years ago - the two dismounted equivalents are just on the painting table now.

To save doing it later, I included a few mounted figures that were "laying around" on the painting table in a final shot, by way of size comparison for those who may be interested.

I am not convinced by the colour scheme of the gentleman in the black coat, but I got half way through painting him and decided just to press on regardless.





L-R Eureka, Minden, Dixon, Front Rank, Minden, Foundry



12 comments:

  1. I like both colour schemes. They are very nice figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nate...they are cetainly very fine figures

      Delete
  2. The scheme looks great, the Minden horses look good to my eye and seem to be the right scale, Foundry seem a little to squat for a 'War' Horse.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu, I agree, those particular Foundry horses aren't that great!

      Delete
  3. Very nice Keith...
    The Minden miniatures are indeed very elegant ...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly I definitely agree, but they would not mix well with many others unfortunately

      Delete
  4. Very fine work, Keith! Your rendering of the grey is superb. Fine looking beast. As far as size comparisons, I found the the Fife and Drum AWI figures looked quite diminutive when put alongside Perry or Foundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jonathon ...I would assume so...they even looked small compared to OG, which I orten find to be"true" 25mm and hence a bit smaller than many modern figures (Foundry are the same). The Hinterland miniatures were the closest I had in my small size comparison...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking gentlemen! I assume their proportions are closer to real people comparing with the rest miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dmitry..yes I think you are correct, they are more realistically proportioned

      Delete